This week’s That Newport Show features an episode from the network’s newest show, Around the Buoy; a podcast featuring stories about life on the water. From sailboats and superyachts, to wooden boats and classic cruisers.
It’s a tall ship. It’s a new ship. Looks like an old ship. It is a very, very cool ship. Based in Newport, RI, Oliver Hazard Perry is actually a non-profit organization centered around this very cool ship. The program provides innovative education-at-sea programs to promote personal and professional growth. It is a floating, one-of-a-kind learning experience. OHP executive director, Jessica Wurzbacher joins us this week to enlighten us about the ship and the programs available to the public. PLUS, Carter’s company wins a big award. Listen in for all the deets!
This week’s sponsor: East Passage Boatwrights
Show Notes & Links:
- Hosts: Carter Richardson, Helena Bee
- Topic: SSV Oliver Hazard Perry
- Guest: Jessica Wurzbacher
- Fore more information about OHP: http://www.ohpri.org/
- For more about Restoration of the Year Award, click here.
- Feature photo courtesy of Oliver Hazard Perry RI