EP 68: Summer Aims and Inner Happiness
Let’s head for happiness!
Helping our community come together in ways that bond us and lighten our energy is one of the reasons we started this podcast. It’s fun, it’s silly, it’s serious, but it’s always about sharing stories and information that leave you with a smile or feeling of a camaraderie. Summer is a great time to focus on the easy inner work that goes hand-in-hand with the warmer temperatures and opportunities for fun; even if you are working at breakneck speeds serving cocktails or answering phones. In this episode, Buck and Helena share a technique they use to re-balance one’s mind and energy so you get the most out of whatever summer fun is on the agenda. Listen in!
Feature photo: The cockpit of S/Y Copihue, one of the most beautiful yachts we’ve seen in Newport Harbor.
Show Notes & Links:
- Hosts: Buck & Helena
- A Place to Chill: King Park
- The Work (refers to the esoteric study of The Fourth Way, a series of principles that support self-development).
- Aim – Something intended or desired to be attained by one’s efforts; purpose.
- Keep it simple – set one aim at a time. It can be for three days or thirty.
- Pay attention to how you feel and what you think each time you try your aim. What do you discover about yourself? Be curious about yourself. Don’t judge.
- Some aims that have helped us:
- Put your keys in the same exact place every single time you walk in the door. No exceptions.
- Eat whatever you want, but you must sit down at a table every time; even if it’s just a handful of chips.
- Put a tie on even if your office has a casual dress code.